Welcome!


Welcome! Presenting, I'm an online high school technology Instructor and have been teaching online since 2003! Additionally, I taught in Brick and Mortar for 7 years and 2 years of that was with at-risk students.

My Bachelor of Science is from Texas A&M University and I've added other certificates to that. I've learned so much from the first 3 months of my Education Media and Design Technology Masters program at Full Sail University and I am looking forward to the next 9 months. I'll be blogging my journey here, so visit here often. You won't regret it!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

BP13_FlashCS5_post2wk4


I was just looking around like a always do, when I’m learning something new and discovered that you can share your Flash screen with up 3 people. This is a rich feature for collaboration. It includes live voice interaction, chat, video and whiteboards. You can even brand your meetings with a unique url.

In the Lynda.com there is a magnificent tutorial series by Todd Perkins on Flash CS5. He talks about the two basic file types used:

  1. .fla - the working file
  2. .swf - the output file you’ll see on the web.

When you open Flash a screen comes up and that’s where you’ll choose the .fla file you want to work with. I chose Action Script 3.0, which is a working .fla file. Action Script is Flash’s proprietary code language.

The working file has several features that are familiar to me: the stage, timeline, and properties panel. Under the properties heading of the properties panel you can edit the stage size, ruler units, frames per second, fps, of your movie, and stage background color. I will probably just leave the defaults.

Next time I'll be talking more about what I learned about panels, toolbars, hand tools, and workspaces. I really hope you are getting something out of this because I sure am. See you then.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!